Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mom's Post: Virus (6-30-08)

TOPIC: Virus

------

I have been working on this word since you gave it to me last week. I hate this word; it always spells problems. I tried to define the word, sympathize with the word, even eulogize the word, but nothing. Fear comes with the word: illness, disability, and death are synonymous with the word. Did you know there were hundreds of thousands of death from the flu virus in World War I? More American warriors were brought low or died from this virus than from battlefield casualties. If the Germans had had some immunity to the virus then the outcome of the war could have been different: We might be enjoying our German measles and sauerkraut.

Anyway, my response to the selection:

Virus

Invasive, deadly, conqueror

Supplanter, plagiarist, polluter, aggrandizer

Lover, daemon, creator

Virus.

I was trying to practice haikus, but found I had the wrong format and really was very ignorant as to what a haiku was. So the following is my tribute to the 3-line 5-7-5 syllabled haiku.

Virus

Corrosive demon

Deadly lover of all life

Destroyer of health

Avatar.

No comments: